The Theatre Consortium of Silver Spring, in management of the Silver Spring Black Box Theatre on behalf of Montgomery County, MD, takes the COVID-19 pandemic extremely seriously. To this end, the Silver Spring Black Box strictly adheres to, at minimum, the guidelines set for by Montgomery County’s government, and specifically its County Executive and County Council, in addition to any guidelines set forth by the state of Maryland and its elected officials. Please note that these policies are subject to change at any time and the Theatre Consortium will reevaluate and endeavor to update this page as policies are updated.
To this end, the Theatre Consortium of Silver Spring and Silver Spring Black Box is currently requiring the following from all staff, artists, guests, resident companies, rental companies, audiences, etc:
- Proper mask usage by everyone in the facility, which means a full seal over both nose and mouth, unless that individual is actively performing, actively eating, or actively drinking. Actively eating or drinking means that the individual has lowered their mask for long enough to expediently consume their food or beverage, and that they have recovered their nose and mouth before talking, during any breaks in consuming their food or beverages, etc. If you do not arrive with a mask, one will be provided to you. Failure to comply with this mask policy may result in your removal from the building.
- Proof of full vaccination for everyone entering the building for more than 10 minutes in total. Failure to provide proof of vaccination will result in denial of entry into the building. Proof of full vaccination is defined by the Theatre Consortium of Silver Spring as any of the following:
- Your physical vaccination card showing that you are more than 2 weeks following your final dose of your respective vaccination
- Photo of your vaccination card showing the same
- Those who cannot get vaccinated due to certain medical conditions or age (such as children under 12) may instead present a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within 48 hours of the performance/event start time.
- Requiring a temperature check of everyone entering the building for events, with no admittance for anyone with a temperature at or above 100.4.
In addition, the Montgomery County has upgraded the filters in the HVAC system and increased the outside airflow through said system and increased the cleaning protocols for high-touch surfaces with the contracted cleaning crew, while the Theatre Consortium of Silver Spring has placed air purifiers throughout the building including in the theatre, placed hand sanitizer dispensers throughout the building, and also has cleaning supplies for high touch surfaces.
If you have any questions, please direct those to the General Manager, Jonathan Rubin, at email@example.com and he will endeavor to answer them as expediently as possible.